Dinghy Sailing Instructor
This course is aimed at people who wish to teach up to Improving Skills in the RYA National Sailing Scheme and the RYA Youth Sailing Scheme. It is held over 5 days, and is delivered by an RYA Coach Assessor.
To become an Instructor, a candidate must have met all the pre-course requirements, and be knowledgeable, approachable and enthusiastic about their sport.
RYA Dinghy instructor qualifications are valid for five years and are accepted by ISA training Centres as an equivalent standard by the ISA training department.
- Passed a pre-entry assessment
- Hold a RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate
- Hold a valid First Aid Certificate
- Be over 16
All Pre-requisite courses are available here at Bow Waves. Please enquire for more details
- Course Type: Instructor
- Required Experience: See pre-requsites above
- Assumed Knowledge: Knowledge to an advanced sailing level.
- Course Content: National Sailing Scheme Instructor course knowledge, skills training and assessment.
- Ability After Course: Successful Candidates will be qualified RYA Dinghy Instructors
- Duration: 5 days