First Aid Instructor
On completion of the instructor course, a qualified instructor is able to deliver a course designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven. The syllabus is based on the recommendations of the Health and Safety Executive and the Department of Transport. This certificate fulfils the requirements of the UK Department Of Transport Code of Practice for Small Commercial Vessels in area category 2, 3 & 4
- Course Type: Practical, theory
- Required Experience: Hold an approved first aid at work certificate or equivalent (e.g. Medical First Aid STCW’95), Qualified Instructor in another field, hold a SRC or VHF certificate, have recent relevant boating experience.
- Assumed Knowledge: Be familiar with helicopter evacuations at sea and current first aid protocols. Cat C first aid kits.
- Course Content: Based on the recommendations of the Health and Safety Executive and the Department of Transport.
- Ability After Course: Understanding of the methods of delivery of the first aid at sea course.
- Duration: 1 Day