By the end of this course, the successful participant will have the skills and knowledge to skipper, navigate and handle a powerboat at night and in harsher environments. An essentially practical course equipping experienced boat users with the tools necessary to take fast open boats like RIBs on coastal passages, this course covers skills ranging from advanced boat handling through to pilotage by day and night.
- Course Type: Practical, some theory
- Required Experience: Candidates will require to have their powerboat level 2 course done and recommended to have First aid and VHF SRC marine radio training
- Assumed Knowledge: Navigation up to Day Skipper Theory standard. GPS knowledge and skill at a intermediate powerboat level.
- Course Content: advanced boat handling through to pilotage by day and night
- Ability After Course: Knowledge and ability to navigate and handle powerboats at night and in harsher environments
- Duration: Two Days and one evening out on night navigation exercises
- Cost: On Enquiry
- Certificate: On completion a RYA course completion certificate is issued. To receive a RYA/MCA Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competence an Exam needs to be undertaken.
- 30th - 31st July
- 29th - 20th October