ISA Competent Crew
ISA Competent Crew is the basic ISA introductory sailing course for both the complete beginner and those who have some experience of either dinghy sailing or cruising. The ISA Competent Crew course can be completed by attending either five days or over weekends. The Competent Crew course is planned to give you as much fun and enjoyment as possible. While you learn to sail you will be taught about safety at sea and will be given lots of competent crewing opportunities. Master the ISA Competent Crew skills of steering, changing sails, reefing and tying the essential knots. Living onboard throughout the ISA Competent Crew course, each night is spent in new place, allowing you to savour the delights of a real cruising experience.
- Course Type: Practical, some theory
- Required Experience: None
- Assumed Knowledge:
- Course Content: Steering, changing sails, reefing and tying the essential knots.
- Ability After Course: By the end of this course the successful ISA Competent Crew will have sufficient knowledge and skill to be a useful and able crew member on any sailing yacht.
- Minimum Duration: 5 Days continuous or 3 weekends