RYA Intermediate Powerboat Course
This 2-day course provides you with the knowledge to plan a day trip safely. It is the ideal course to give you the hands-on approach to the GPS which is only touched on in some of the other courses. This course gives you the Tips and Tricks of GPS usage. It also highlights the dangers of GPS dependency. Pilotage and entering harbours around the coast. Calculating the high of tide so you can enjoy a bowl of Galway Bay Seafood chowder and get away before your boat is grounded for the night.
This course will also let you put your VHF Radio qualification to use and other skills that you might have acquired along the way. It is a great adventure exploring the creeks and inlets of Galway Bay that you would never dare to venture. People who do this course get on better when they go on to do the RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate course having mastered a lot of the skills that you don’t have the time to focus on in the advanced course.
- Course Type: Theory & Practical
- Required Experience: Competent to standard of Powerboat Level 2, Recommended VHF Cert, First Aid cert
- Assumed Knowledge: Navigation from a basic today skipper level
- Course Content: GPS, Chartplotter inputting data to your GPS. Planning a day trip including weather, tides and safety considerations
- Ability After Course: Proficient in GPS usage, able to plan and execute an excellent day trip safely.
- Minimum Duration: 2 days